Kaila’s Craft Corner Podcast
American Flag Pony Beaded Keychain
By Kaila Allen
Hosted by Kaila Allen and Stephanie Hurd
You will need:
- 70 White Pony Beads – Amazon Link: 1,000 pcs 6mm x 9mm Plastic Pony Beads for Crafts (White)
- 50 Red Pony Beads – Amazon Link: 1,000 pcs 6mm x 9mm Plastic Pony Beads for Crafts (Red)
- 12 Blue Pony Beads – (No link available for this one)
- 7 feet Red, white, or blue plastic string – Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001K656SY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
- Keychain Hook – Amazon Link: Key Rings, Key Ring Keyring Rustproof, Dog Tag Ring Flat Key Rings Rings Split Keyrings for Home Car Keys Attachment,12 Pcs
Step 1: Tie your keychain hook right into the middle of the string
Step 2: You will now bead the first line of the pattern below on one string and row 2 on to the second string.
Step 3: Take the string from row 1 and string it backwards through the second row of beads. You should have a string coming from both sides of this row now. So your first row of beads will have one string through it, but your second will have 2 strings through it. Then pull tight
Step 4: String the 3rd row of beads onto the string that is on the same side as the key chain. Take the other string and thread it back through the opposite way of the last row and pull tight. For the rest of the flag simply follow this step for each of the following rows, being sure to put the beads on the string that is on the same side as the key chain.
Step 5: To finish your flag you may tie the string next to the last bead on each end and cut your string. If you do this be sure the knot is large enough to hat the beads can not slide off of it. I like to take the ends of the string and bring them over the first bead and then back threw 3 or 4 beads then cutting the string, this can be done on both sides.
Here is the bead pattern for the flag: R = Red B = Blue W = White.
1. W B W B W R W R W R W
2. B W B W B R W R W R W
3. W B W B W R W R W R W
4. B W B W B R W R W R W
5. W B W B W R W R W R W
6. W R W R W R W R W R W
7. W R W R W R W R W R W
8. W R W R W R W R W R W
9. W R W R W R W R W R W
10. W R W R W R W R W R W
11. W R W R W R W R W R W
12. W R W R W R W R W R W