Randy Pierce – Author and Motivational Speaker
Providing Inspirational Keynotes and Corporate Presentations, Adapting to Virtual Platforms
Everyone Can Benefit from our Inspirational and Motivational Methodologies!
Randy Pierce is a captivating motivational speaker who draws upon his life experiences to inspire, entertain, and teach. Randy creates a powerful connection to his audience through unique viewpoints on the adventures and challenges of a man who chose a life filled with incredible adventure-laden experiences despite his being suddenly stricken with a neurological disease rendering him blind at age 22. Participants experience the highs, lows, and problem-solving techniques used to convert adversity into methods of achieving our peak potential.
Watch Randy’s Keynote inspirational video, and be inspired!
His realization that you truly don’t need to see in order to have a vision–or to bring that vision to reality–is the inspirational backdrop for a methodology as powerful as the motivation behind his message. Randy came to believe that most of our limits in life are self-imposed; that far too often, we accept and thereby empower the notion of “can’t.” It is an idea that–when framed with Randy’s compelling personal story–invariably resonates with people, giving them new energy to engage the possibilities that lie within their grasp. Emphasizing goal-setting, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication with amusing anecdotes and demonstrable achievements, he will motivate each participant to set and achieve their own goals.
During two short but significant weeks in 1989, a devastating neurological disease transformed Randy Pierce from a healthy and ordinary young man to a blind man completely uncertain of his future. Randy’s passion for experience encouraged him to use adversity as a positive catalyst for growth and opportunity, resulting in such amazing adventures, honors, and accomplishments as:
- Earning his second-degree Karate black belt
- Historic hiking accomplishments around the world from New Hampshire’s White Mountains to the Andes in Peru to the summit of Kilimanjaro in Africa
- Winning two national marathon championships
- Running an ever-growing number of marathons in several states and several ultra-marathons
- Completing several Tough Mudder events
- Being inducted as a fan into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio
- Co-authoring his first book in 2018 with wife Tracy
- Receiving his Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from the University of New Hampshire in May of 2021
- Delivering hundreds of live motivational presentations to over 100,000 school students and hundreds of organizations
A New Hampshire native, Randy earned his BSEE from the University of New Hampshire in 1988 and enjoyed a successful career at Digital Equipment Corporation as a hardware design engineer. But as his progression toward total blindness moved forward, Randy transitioned in 1994 from engineering to a variety of volunteer projects such as tutoring and martial arts instruction, which allowed him to develop and hone his teaching and presentation skills.
Fast forward to today, Randy is the President and CEO of Future In Sight formerly known as the New Hampshire Association for the Blind. Previously, Randy was the founder and ten-year President of 2020 Vision Quest, and a past president of the Hudson NH Lions Club. A few of Randy’s accomplishments include:
- Randy received a Spirit of New Hampshire Volunteer Service Award in 2017.
- In 2016, he received the Jo Adcock Service Award from Future in Sight.
- The University of New Hampshire’s Alumni Association named alumnus Randy as the 2015 winner of its Award of Excellence for Outstanding Service.
- Toastmasters International named Randy a winner of its 2015 Communication and Leadership Award.
- New Hampshire Magazine included Randy in its 2014 “It List” of significant leaders in the state.
- Randy and Quinn were also featured in the February 2014 airing of an NHPTV episode with host Willem Lange titled “Hiking in the Dark,” which won a Boston/New England Emmy for Outstanding Magazine Program/Special.
- Randy’s short story about the life of his dog guide Quinn was published in 2014. · In 2018 he released his first book—co-authored with wife Tracy— See You at the Summit: My Blind Journey from the Depths of Loss to the Heights of Achievement.
Randy delivers riveting, positive, and powerful messages that help organizations lead members to their very own versions of “reaching their peak potential.” He has delivered keynotes and motivational presentations to dozens of corporations, including:
- Johnson & Johnson (DePuy Synthes division)
Videos and Media
A two-time TED Talk presenter (video links below), he has also spoken at many colleges and universities such as M.I.T., Boston University and the University of New Hampshire, including a handful of commencement addresses.
- Randy and Quinn’s historic hiking achievements;
- Randy’s fall 2014 TEDx Amoskeag Millyard (Manchester NH) “Vision Beyond Sight” and his fall 2015 TEDx Springfield MA “Transition Trauma and Social Risk Management” presentations;
- Feature roles in NHPTV’s Emmy-award-winning “Hiking in the Dark;”
- Oberto’s 3-minute feature on Randy in its “Heroes of Summer” series; and
- HBO’s “Full-Tilt, Full-Time Fan Randy ‘Zip’ Pierce” – nominated for a Sports Emmy Award
Randy has also appeared on local and national radio shows, including NPR, and on multiple national television shows—most notably Rosie O’Donnell, Jimmy Kimmel Live, and The Best Damn Sports Show Period.
In order to give you best access to materials supporting our presentation at your event, we include links to several files below. A strongly recommended, brief speaker-introduction script is offered for presenting Randy to your event audience (PDF and Word formats). Listed next are two versions of a full-page bio of Randy–best for use in printed programs, or an advance invitation, in PDF and Word formats. (These bios are not recommended for use in verbally introducing Randy.) A sample presentation (Windows PC version or Apple Keynote version) and a photograph or two can also be downloaded and used at your convenience for our event. Additional materials may be provided upon request or during the development of your specific event details.
- Suggested brief script for verbally introducing speaker Randy Pierce at an event (PDF)
- Suggested brief script for verbally introducing speaker Randy Pierce at an event (Microsoft Word)
- Bio of Randy for print or invitations (Adobe PDF format)
- Bio of Randy for print or invitations (Microsoft Word format)
- Reaching Our Peak Potential Presentation – 2022
- “Reaching Our Peak Potential-2021” Windows/PC PowerPoint presentation file
- “Reaching Our Peak Potential-2021” Apple Keynote presentation file
- Picture of Randy (low resolution)
- Picture of Randy with Autumn (high resolution)
- Picture of Randy presenting (high resolution)
- 4 More Feet Video Clip
- Tough Mudder Video Clip
Scheduling a Presentation
Booking a presentation is as easy as sending an email to RPierce@futureinsight.org or calling him at 603-546-8542. We customize all of our presentations to best meet your event objectives, including managing, when necessary, all the virtual aspects. We may also request travel expenses when distance warrants it. Typical presentations utilize an hour and can be adjusted as necessary for your event. An optional powerful A/V inclusion enhances the experience. We coordinate all bookings individually to ensure the utmost care in the connection of message and method for your event.
Kate C. – COS Coordinator
Recently, Randy was the keynote for the President’s Celebration that took place during the Canadian Ophthalmological Society’s Annual Meeting and Exhibition (June 24-27, 2021). His energy and passion were beyond impressive. His message was relatable, and his humour impeccable. He was the perfect choice for a keynote speaker during the learning sessions for our delegates. From the outset his positivity, focus and professionalism did not go unnoticed. I, as well as our attendees, left his presentation feeling energized and invigorated. We have already received a tremendous amount of positive feedback on Randy’s keynote presentation, many who would also recommend him. For me personally, he was the bright light I needed during the difficult days of COVID isolation and as I navigate the personal grief of losing my son in January.
Lynne Walsh – Massachusetts Society for Medical Research
Randy gave the Keynote address for the Massachusetts Society for Medical Research Enrichment Symposium, in May 2021. The event was 100% virtual. Randy’s ability to connect with the audience and connect with them was truly inspiring. His message on how to find positivity in the face of adversity and challenges really resonated with the attendees who certainly experienced this during the COVID-19 pandemic. Randy’s talk was emotional, uplifting and engaging, and I would highly recommend him as a speaker to bring motivation, engagement and genuine connection with your audience.
Kate Connally – New York Alliance for Inclusion & Innovation
In September 2020, Randy Pierce gave a keynote presentation to participants of the New York Alliance for Inclusion & Innovation Direct Support Professional (DSP) Celebration event. Randy was inspiring, engaging, uplifting, incredibly motivating and any other positive word you can think of! Participants shared that it was one of the best keynote presentations they’ve heard. If you are looking for a presentation to kick-off your event or tie it all together in the most positive and uplifting way possible, Randy is the person to do that.
Steve Condon – The Allied Group
I have had the opportunity to hear Randy Pierce speak a couple of times – different venues but both were outstanding presentations! I heard Randy speak at the NESHMM event in October 2019, where he captured the attention of almost 200 health care professionals. I was in the audience at this event and was so impressed that I asked Randy to speak at our recent annual sales kickoff meeting, held virtually for a smaller group of 30. Randy completely captures his audience with his comments about resiliency, goal setting, and self-evaluation. Combine that with a powerful video and slide presentation and all I saw was an engaged audience for the entire time! Because of the pandemic, our kickoff meeting was held virtually for the first time – but hearing Randy over Zoom did not diminish any of his effectiveness! Many of our team members reached out immediately to state how they were riveted by his story – and to say he was one of the better speakers we have had at this annual meeting. Do your organization (and yourself!) a favor and have Randy at your next event!
Christabel Sheridan – Microsoft Corp.
Randy did a presentation to several of Microsoft’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). His presentation and its message resonated with the audience and left a deep, positive impression on everyone. His story is inspiring and the way he presents it is very authentic and approachable. We are looking forward to having him present to more groups at Microsoft.
Kim Parent – Head of North American Sales, Millipore Sigma
A couple of months ago I reached out to Randy about doing a motivational speech for my sales team. I was looking for something that spoke to resilience and overcoming obstacles and challenges. We are in the middle of the pandemic, and everyone is experiencing challenges both at work and in our home lives. I suspected Randy would be both motivating and inspiring, providing perspective while challenging us to reach our peak potential. We tuned in for his virtual talk at the end of our first virtual employee engagement day, on a Friday afternoon. I could not be more pleased with Randy’s talk and how incredibly powerful it was. The accolades from our commercial teams were tremendous and he touched every one of us in a truly meaningful way. Randy will be remembered in our organization for a very long time, and his messages are now being incorporated into our culture and purpose. I highly recommend Randy as a speaker to anyone. We can all learn a great deal from his incredible life stories and his unstoppable spirit.