Be confident of what people say over the phone with the new CapTel 840. This remarkable phone works like any traditional telephone, but it also shows you written captions during your telephone conversations. Can’t quite hear what they say? Just check the captions!
Captions are provided by a free service that connects to the call. Calls you make are automatically connected to the Captioning Service to provide captions.
Incoming callers dial the service first, then enter your phone number in order for you to get captions.*
- Built in Answering Machine
- Adjustable font sizes and colors
- Phone book to store frequently called numbers (95+ names)
- Easy access to voicemail and answering machine messages.
- Works just like a standard phone for people who do not need captions.
* If used in 2-Line Mode (optional), callers can dial your phone number directly.
* This model works only in the United States
- Analog telephone line(s).
- Standard electrical power
* People who use digital cable or VOIP telephone service should consider the CapTel 840i which supports these telephone services.