Transportation Services for Clients
For people with sight loss, finding rides to the grocery store, medical and other appointments is challenging. We have adopted a ride scheduling program for clients that can help to cover those bases.
In most cases, with 7 days advance notice, we can match client’s ride requests with available volunteers to provide that much needed transportation.
If you would like to request a ride, please fill out the form provided here on this page or contact us at 603-224-4039.
For participating volunteer drivers, please click the button to access the driver’s portal. If you are not already participating but would like to become a volunteer driver, please contact us today by filling out the form on the Contact Us page.
COVID-19 Guidelines for Safety
These guidelines have been provided using recommendations from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) to help keep everyone safe.
Confirm the day before contact that:
In the past 2 weeks driver/passenger has NOT tested positive and has NOT had direct contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19.
In the past 24 hours driver/passenger has not experienced:
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Fever 99.9
- Sore throat
- Muscle pain
- New loss of taste or smell
*Note: If the above conditions exist, cancel ride, and contact the Coordinator of Volunteer Services
CDC Guidelines suggest the following:
- Wash your hands often – Use soap and make sure you wash for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer if soap is not available. Avoid touching your face and eyes with unwashed hands. **Hand sanitizer can be provided by Future In Sight, if needed.
- Wear a cloth face covering – Masks help prevent the spread from people who have the illness even someone who does not have symptoms. **Masks are available from Future In Sight, if needed.
- Place your mask over your mouth and nose.
- Tie it behind your head or use ear loops and make sure it’s snug.
- Don’t touch your mask while wearing it.
- If you accidentally touch your mask, wash or sanitize your hands.
- Remove the mask by untying it or lifting off the ear loops without touching the front of the mask or your face.
- Wash your hands immediately after removing your mask.
- Regularly wash cloth masks with soap and water in the washing machine.
- Avoid close contact –the best way to do this is to have the passenger sit in the back seat, not directly behind you. It is recommended to limit ride exposure to 30 minutes.
- Air circulation – When weather permits, driver’s window, and passengers back seat window should be down 2 inches for air circulation
- Clean and disinfect – Frequently touched surfaces like, door handles and seat beats.
**Disinfectant cloths are available from Future In Sight
Register or Request a Ride
Services we provide and programs we offer
Ways to Help
Your time and funding that helps change lives
For eyecare professionals or friends & family
Technology, skill building & professional training